Friday, May 9, 2014

Unusual Affirmations

My grandson is home from school today because he's sick. He was sitting on my lap trying to play a video game that was too difficult for him. He kept asking me to do it for him, but I told him that I knew he would be able to get it if he practiced long enough. 

Finally, exasperated, he threw the controller at me, "Here, Papa, it's your turn."

As I was trying to figure out how to start the game, he hopped out of my lap and said, "You have a nice day, Papa. You make the world a better place."

Did I mention the child is four years old?

I don't know if he knows the world needs to be a better place, if he really believes I'm affecting any change in it, or if he's just repeating what he heard at school this week as they were talking about compassion. What I do know is that I can choose to recognize and accept encouragement in what ever form it appears. How about you?

You have a nice day. You make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment