Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Just A Lot Of Hot Air?

This one will be short. I've heard lots of talk during this American election process that concerns me. Christians and pastors with the "right" way to vote just turn me off. I'm irked by public stances that show little concern for opposing views regardless of how others are affected. Is this really the way to grow the Kingdom of God or to draw people to our Savior? All I hear is a lot of creaky gates, clanging cymbals, and rattling pots and pans.


If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. If I speak God’s Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, “Jump,” and it jumps, but I don’t love, I’m nothing. If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don’t love, I’ve gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love. 1 Corinthians 13 (The Message)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment