Thursday, July 22, 2010

He is the God of the Miraculous

Yesterday morning, during my prayer time, I was captivated by God's miraculous nature.  I was preparing for my day and anticipating having lunch with Pastor Chris and a friend who has been a tremendous blessing to Transformation House over the past 9 months.  At the same time, I didn't want this to just be another ho-hum day.  In my prayer I began to rehearse miracles from Biblical times:  blind eyes that were opened, lame people who were healed, children who were raised from the dead, the day the sun stood still. 

"God, if you did all those things, You are certainly capable of opening doors for me today and leading me to divine appointments with the right people, at the right time."

This phrase came to my mind, "He is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we are able to ask or think according to the power that works within us."

Lunch on Main Street, Greenville
Well, I met Pastor Chris and our friend for lunch.  We shared our hopes and vision for future ministry opportunities in downtown Greenville.  Our friend said, "There's somebody you need to meet."  He picked up his phone and made a call then asked if we wanted to ride a few blocks to meet this guy.  Of course we did!

I won't go into the details here, but before the afternoon was over, we had met three different people who are investing blood, sweat, tears, and dollars in ministry to people in downtown Greenville.  Each one of these men were encouraging and offered their support as we take our next leap of faith.  Chris and I spent the entire afternoon downtown.  We now have four different buildings that are possible locations for Transformation House.  And that's just the beginning!

Our families went to RWOC for the evening service.  One of the first songs we sang was He's Able by Deitrick Haddon.  Then, Pastor Steven Ward got up and told us that we need to keep knocking until God opens the door but that we shouldn't expect Him to open a door if we aren't knocking. 

After worship, Pastor Ben Miller preached a GREAT word on dealing with frustrations.  I won't describe his message here because I believe every word was straight from God's heart to mine.  But, he ended by reading Ephesians 3:20 - you know, the verse that says God is "able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us."

At Transformation House, we are believing for great things.  While we're believing, we're working as if it depends on us, knocking and expecting the door to open, asking knowing He will answer, bleeding because it's a cause worth dying for, praying because we know it depends on God alone, giving because if it's worth having, someone else needs it too, and living like King's kids.

Wouldn't you like to be a Transformer too?

No comments:

Post a Comment