Wednesday, August 5, 2009

THERE'S LIFE IN THE VISION

I Corinthians 9:1,2 There is no need for me to write to you about this service to the saints. For I know your eagerness to help...

At this point, I have only shared my vision for Transformation House with my immediate family and a very few close friends. They are all praying with me to discern God's direction as we launch this ministry. I love it when you know that you know that God is leading you.

I talked with a relative today who said, "We haven't always listened to God, but we're listening now." What made the difference? VISION! There are people who will hear about this vision and a long-dead dream will resurrect in their spirit. Some will have heard from God long ago as He called them to service, but some setback caused their passion to die. That passion will re-ignite as they realize that what God set in motion never stopped, they just lost momentum.

I can see that spark in their eyes and hear it in the conversations as we discuss what is just ahead of us - as if we know. Somehow, I believe it is far greater than our own plans or dreams.

Proverbs 29:18 says "Where there is no vision, the people perish." Another version is, "Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint." The Message says, "If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves." They are all true.

If you have no goal in life, nothing to work toward, all your joy will die. You will throw away everything good. You will float through life with no direction. However, when you hear Him speak clearly, every decision you make will be based on the question, "Does it take me closer to fulfilling this vision?"

Catch the vision, seek God, listen and move when He speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment