Thursday, December 8, 2011

Emmanuel - the reason for Christmas

See if you can find the common denominator in the following verses.

Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Matthew 1:23

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name. John 1:11,12

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:2,3

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. I Thessalonians 4:16,17

When reading the scriptures, it becomes obvious. God intends to have relationship with us. Notice these phrases:
  • Emmanuel, GOD WITH US.
  • As many as RECEIVE HIM become SONS.
  • I will RECEIVE YOU so that you may BE WITH ME.
  • So shall we ever BE WITH THE LORD.
Don't miss the point of the season, the reason for the Birth.  God so loved you that He wants you to know Him intimately.

Copyright (c) 123RF Stock Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment