Monday, September 20, 2010

...Wait for it...

When you were a kid, did you ever line up with your friends at a line drawn on the sidewalk ready to race to the end of the block?  Remember the anticipation?

Ready, set, GO!

That's where I feel I am now - standing with my toes touching that line.  I'm ready to charge toward the goal. For me, that goal isn't the end of the block, it is establishing a minstry center in the heart of my hometown.  The seeds of this dream were planted 20 years ago.  I believe that God's words to Habakkuk thousands of years ago are applicable to me today. 

Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false.  Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

For 20 years, I have written notes, prayed for direction, discussed possibilities, and watched what God has done through others who have followed His vision for their lives.  One thing that seems to be an obvious necessity is a clear vision.  God said it to Habakkuk: write it down and make it plain.

Here's my plain vision: Establish a church on Main Street in Greenville that will give opportunities for worship, training, fellowship, and outreach - eventually, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

My toes are on the line, but this time, rather than racing against my friends, we are linked arm in arm running with a purpose toward what God has set before us.  We would love for you to join our team too.



No comments:

Post a Comment