For anyone trying to discover their purpose in life, here is some advice:
- Make a decision. Don't wait for writing in the sky before taking a step into your destiny. I believe God has already put in you everything you need to carry out your purpose. What are you passionate about? Where are you gifted? What brings you joy? When you find that answer, you will find your purpose. God is not waiting for you to "find His will." He is waiting for you to DO something. Then, He will bless what you set your hand to do just because you belong to Him.
- Patiently wait for your work and passion to bear fruit.
- Don't waste time on things that don't matter or on things that God won't bless.
- Don't step into a role just because it's the only door open.
- Don't stop pursuing your passion. Hebrews 12:1-3
- Give up control in areas that you can't control. Proverbs 16:3
- Find God's will in His word. 2 Timothy 2:15
- Hang out with people smarter than you who have succeeded at what you want to do. 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Comfort mourners, provide for the grieving - put our money where our mouth is, don't just tell people that there is hope, give them hope; tangibly interact with those who have suffered loss
- Restore beauty for ashes, gladness for mourning, and praise instead of despair - be different from every other place. No long faces and no sob stories. We are all about beauty, excellence, grace, joy, contentment, praise, and encouragement.
The above picture is the interior of the building we are praying for. The Board of Directors for the property is deciding this week if they will approve our proposal. The room pictured would be the gallery when furnished with a coffee bar and casual seating. This is the area we would like to have open each evening. Thanks for praying for us this week.